Thursday 12 April 2007

darkroom...

I am quite happy with the way I managed to shoot "old_school' and manage the process. I was able to hand print 15 images, to a fairly decent quality. There was a lot of dodging and burning, which I though was quite an indication to my skills as a printer, but somebody cleverly pointed out today that it is more of a hint to what a sh#t photographer I am... Anyways, might use them all, or might cut it down to 13-14-12, don't know yet.

I has not been easy, considering that the only days I could use the darkroom (due to the vii seminar) were tuesday, wednesday, and thursday, that the darkroom closed at 5 o'clock sharp (actually, 4.45 since at 5 the room has to be physically locked, and we should all be halfway down the stairs of the main entrance), and that tuesday morning when I showed up at 9.30 sharp, the black and white darkrooms hadn't been serviced, so had to wait till mid day to use them. In my angry ramblings, I usually say 1.30, but Tonks correctly pointed out that it was more towards 12ish...

Having said that, it was a great three days... just me, my ipod, and JT... and when I say JT, I mean the Tonks man, not Justin Timberlake!

No comments: